We’ve learned from job after job that successful projects require a unique approach and custom-tailored selection of services. While most of our clients hire us as a general contractor to select and contract the performance of tradesmen and procure specified materials and equipment, some of our major corporate clients benefit from unit cost contracts to satisfy the competitive environment of procurement departments and streamline facility professionals’ scheduling and budgeting responsibilities. Other clients turn to Ives Construction for a complete design-build package, where we openly coordinate budget, specifications and construction from concept to completion.
Ives Construction’s general contracting services include conceptual cost estimating, performance and value engineering, detailed manpower and task scheduling, phasing and procurement strategies, risk analysis and negotiated time and material contracts.
Our team of skilled tradesmen self-performs many construction project tasks, maximizing quality control, schedule and cost. And when we turn to subcontractors for specialty work, Ives’ reputation as an ethical, value-driven contractor enables us to secure competitive pricing.
Unit Cost Contracting
Facility managers, designers, architects and engineers are continuously expected to deliver quick, detailed and accurate project plans while minimizing facility impact. Ives Construction collaborates with facility professionals to establish “Corporate Standard Programs” to streamline the process and free up client resources. A competitively-bid unit cost contract assures quality and performance while satisfying corporate procurement requirements.
When you choose Ives for unit cost contracts, we will:
- Specify materials to satisfy cost, performance and delivery requirements
- Provide design options directly associated with a per-item cost
- Schedule detailed and accurate material procurement lead times
- Focus on project deliverables because costs have already been agreed upon
- Allow designers and managers to confidently present funding proposals
Design & Build
With each design and build project, Ives Construction combines ideas, experience and training to see a project through from concept to completion. From cost to quality, we make projects easier for clients and deliver a solid final product. Clients not only come back to us for repeat business, they refer others to us for “single source” contracting.
The unification of architect and builder allows Ives Construction and a client’s team to:
- Evaluate cost, performance and efficiency opportunities throughout design stages
- Identify and reduce risks related to timelines, budget or logistics
- Minimize alterations to design, scope and change orders
- Assemble accurate project costs in alongside design and scope development
- Avoid project delays by identifying and implementing procurement strategies